A small nook filled with vintage and antique household goods, from figurines to furniture.

New things found and posted weekly, so check back with us often. If you see something that piques your interest feel free to email me. We're located at 427 England Street in Ashland, just off Exit 92 on Interstate 95 north of Richmond, VA.

Friday, March 2, 2012

ok, define "weekly"

sorry guys, for the delay...the hubby and I kept trading off the same darn cold.  (and then last week was so silly nice outside, he did yard work while i worked to get our coop ready for bantam cuties this spring)
BUT I promise to make it up THIS week!

here's some nice fresh finds in the booth right now:

 this cutie is a 19thc tintype in a case.  i love the pressed brass surround.

 it may be the archaeologist in me, but i was so intrigued when i disassembled the piece to clean the glass...under the tintype was two memento locks of hair...maybe from the mom and the baby to a loved aunt or sister they were moving away from?  Here you can also see the inside to the top of the case with the pressed pattern in the velvet.
I have some more tintypes, but i took pics of this one because  it was in a case.  The others are free wheeling...but still fascinating!

I also have a set of 6 mid-century junior classic hardback books in great condition (three in the pic)...I just LOVE the graphics on these, so bold and of the period!

 and also, here's a peek at a great glass flower bonsai sculpture.  it glows in the light.  and i can swear my great aunt had one...so classic...and when have you seen one lately? (there's two more on the way for spring!)

So, thats the mini update until tomorrow morning...HUGE influx of finds being added then so check back!  

Happy Hunting,
Penny
 

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moly -- I actually HAD some of those "mid-century" books. Exactly.
    I guess that makes me "of the period" too.
    Eeek.
    Love, Your Aged Relative

    ReplyDelete